Monday, May 11, 2009

Where does the saying "Ally Ally Aster, snow come faster" come from?

Does anyone know? For those that have no clue what I am on about it is a saying that we have in the UK (although might be international!) that you say when it is snowing to make it snow more. I can't seem to find the origin of it and wondered if anyone could help. I assume it comes from an old folk tale sort of like Jack Frost but haven't a clue

Where does the saying "Ally Ally Aster, snow come faster" come from?
Here's some info:


Snow snow faster, ally ally aster... from:


http://www.geographypages.co.uk/snow.htm





and then this...





Ally Ally Aster





While the first Ann Halam book was on its way to publication, I moved to Singapore. I revised this story of wicked magics, an ice spirit, and the fearsome winter she conjures up, with sweat dripping from my nose and splashing on the keys of my typewriter. The ceilings in our flat were low, and if I worked under the fan where the air was cool, my papers blew all around the room





Couldn't find any origin..sorry.
Reply:SANTA CLAUS TALKING TO HIS REINDEERS.


No comments:

Post a Comment