Monday, May 11, 2009

What are these pink flowers i found in my lawn, they look just like dandelions...?

I was out in the back yard last night and noticed these pink flowers in my lawn, amungst the mounds of dandelions. Without thinking about it, I picked the only two flowers that were in bloom and ran in the house to show my husband. I thought about it and I called the local horticulturist in our area (Western NY) and he said that if they are indead pink dandelions that I have a definate anomoly (sp?) on my hands and that he would like to see the plant. I went home on lunch and the rest of the flowers are not entirely bloomed yet so i am waiting to uproot this mysterious plant...when i picked the flowers last night they had milky substance at the stem where i broke it off the plant. It cant be an Aster, since they bloom in the fall...anyone have any thoughts? The foliage itself is very similar to a dandelion....

What are these pink flowers i found in my lawn, they look just like dandelions...?
Wow, I have never seen a pink dandelion before. Those would be much prettier than all these yellow ones. You could be one lucky lady! :)





I found this while searching this for you. This is the closest I could find to a pink dandelion.





http://www.flickr.com/photos/cocoaloco/4...

Toothpaste

No comments:

Post a Comment